Discover the fitness benefits of aqua aerobics
Aqua Aerobics classes are a great way to mix up a traditional gym workout with the wondrous benefits of water. It only takes a few aqua aerobics sessions and you'll see a big difference in your overall fitness.
Also know as water aerobics or sometimes waterobics, typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a 'dry' class. But there are added bonuses when you exercise in water.
The top benefits of aqua aerobics
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- Working out in water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer
- And... it's fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.
What to expect at an aqua aerobics class
The first thing you'll get is a great all-over workout. You'll also use new equipment like aqua dumbbells, kickboards and hydro discs.